The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum's marketing and communications department manages all digital content for the organization's website, social media channels and more.
Beyond the marketing and communications department, the digital content producer works with members of the education, curatorial, exhibitions, events, Library and Archives, and development departments to create unique content that delivers on the Museum's mission statement and goal "to tell the story of rock" and to help promote various programming presented by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.
The digital media intern would work directly with the Rock Hall's digital content producer on various short- and long-term projects (will vary depending on time of year and intern schedule). This could include:
• arranging/working on video shoots (organizing talent, location set up, filming, video and audio editing)
• arranging/working on photo shoots (coordinating with photographers, editing images)
• working with existing digital assets to create fresh content (editing and publishing induction ceremony archive footage, Museum b-roll packages, etc.)
• fact-checking and editing inductee bio pages on rockhall.com (gathering relevant media assets, formatting in site CMS)
• creating blog and feature posts for rockhall.com (drafting copy, gathering relevant media assets)
• helping develop monthly rockhall.com publishing calendar (pitching content ideas, finding timely leads, etc.)
• reviewing Google analytics reports to strategize content delivery
The ideal applicant will have experience filming and editing video (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere and/or Tricaster experience a plus); and shooting and editing photographs (Photoshop experience a plus). Applicant should be comfortable working with web content management systems, as well as social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube). Candidates should have completed coursework related to journalism and/or marketing, advertising and/or public relations, and/or video and/or photography.
For information on how to apply, click here.