CLEVELAND (March 20, 2012) – Today, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announces the presenters who will induct the 2012 honorees. The 27th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place on Saturday, April 14th in Cleveland and premiere on HBO on Saturday, May 5th (9:00-11:30 p.m. EST/PST).
The presenters for this year’s show will include the following artists:
· Beastie Boys will be inducted by Chuck D
· Donovan will be inducted by John Mellencamp
· Small Faces/The Faces will be inducted by Stevie Van Zandt
· Red Hot Chili Peppers will be inducted by Chris Rock
· Laura Nyro will be inducted by Bette Midler
· Freddie King will be inducted by Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill
· Don Kirshner will be inducted by Carole King
· Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd, Glyn Johns will be inducted by Robbie Robertson
· The Blue Caps, the Comets, the Crickets, the Famous Flames, the Midnighters and the Miracles will be inducted by Smokey Robinson
More details about performances, additional presenters and special guests will be announced at a later date.
Leading up to the April 14th ceremony, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will host more than a week of special events, including the grand opening of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s new Library and Archives, tours of the newly-redesigned museum interior space, the unveiling of a new Grateful Dead exhibition, the Rock My Soul gospel tribute, a free concert for Cleveland and a special series of education programs designed to teach students across the nation about the history and impact of rock and roll.
As previously announced, the performers to be inducted are Beastie Boys, Donovan, Guns N’ Roses, Laura Nyro, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Small Faces/the Faces, the Blue Caps, the Comets, the Crickets, the Famous Flames, the Midnighters and the Miracles The Early Influence inductee will be Freddie King; the Ahmet Ertegun (nonperformer) Award will be given to Don Kirshner; The Awards for Musical Excellence will be presented to Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd and Glyn Johns.
More information: http://rockhall.com/inductees.