Hungry for Music Instrument Drive: Official Raffle Rules
Official Sweepstakes Rules
1. Eligibility: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Making a purchase will not increase your odds of winning. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who have internet access and an e-mail account. Employees, officers, and trustees of Sponsor, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entry in the Sweepstakes may be subject to the policies and terms of third-party websites and third-party applications.
2. Sponsor: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Inc. (“Rock Hall”), 1100 Rock and Roll Blvd, Cleveland Ohio 44114. Inquiries concerning the Sweepstakes should be directed to the Sponsor at [email protected]. In partnership with Hungry for Music, 2020 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, No 384, Washington, DC 20006 and Sweetwater Sound (“Sweetwater”), 5501 US-30, Fort Wayne, IN 46818.
3. Drawings: The Sweepstakes begins June 9, 2019 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Sunday, June 17, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Drawing Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of one (1) drawing for the prize listed below. Within ten (10) business days following the end of the “Drawing Period” described above, a potential winner will randomly be selected from all eligible entries received during the Drawing Period. The potential winner will be notified by email. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, or fails to claim the prize by responding to the Rock Hall’s email within ten (10) business days after the notice email is sent, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner chosen by random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings for each prize will be held, after which the prize will remain unawarded. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: Entry to the Sweepstakes does not require purchasing admission to the Rock Hall. Entry is provided with every instrument donated to the Rock Hall’s Hungry for Music Instrument Drive. Instruments must be donated in person. There are two entry methods: (i) bring any lightly used or new instrument(s) to the Hungry for Music Concert at the Rock Hall on Saturday, June 15th, from 12-4 p.m. ET, submit your instrument(s) to the instrument check-in table by the PNC Stage, and complete one (1) raffle ticket for each instrument donated. (ii) bring any lightly used or new instrument(s) to Bag Check on Level 0 of the Rock Hall, submit your instrument(s) to the attendant, and complete one (1) raffle ticket for each instrument donated. All entries using this method must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Drawing Period during Rock Hall operational hours. Check www.rockhall.com/visit to confirm hours of operation. Regardless of entry method, only one (1) entry per lightly used or new instrument during the Sweepstakes Drawing Period will be accepted. There is no cap on the number or instruments donated. Each instrument is exchanged for one raffle ticket. Raffle tickets will ask for entrant’s name, email address, ZIP code, and the type instrument donated. Raffle tickets must be answered completely and returned to the attendant to be considered valid. The entrant is deemed to be the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the raffle ticket entry. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. A potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Prizes: One (1) prize per drawing (for a total of one (1) prize):
Drawing Period: June 9, 2019 (10:00a.m.) – June 17, 2019 (5:30p.m.)
Prize: Fender Squier Standard Telecaster
Est. Retail Value: $399.99 US
Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value should the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with prize receipt. The Prize will be held at the Rock Hall for approximately ten (10) business day after receipt of the winner’s confirmation email for the winner to pick up. If the winner does not live in a reasonable distance from the Rock Hall (20 miles), the Rock Hall will cover costs to ship via certified mail the Prize to the winner’s permanent address. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the respective Drawing Period. For a list of Sweepstakes winner, send an email with the subject line “Hungry For Music Sweepstakes Winner List Request” to [email protected] within eight (8) weeks after the end of Sweepstakes Period.
6. General Provisions: The Rock Hall reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Rock Hall’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by the Rock Hall in its sole discretion. In such event, the Rock Hall reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Rock Hall reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Sweepstakes or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Rock Hall reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Rock Hall’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term.
7. Limitation of Liability; Release: Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. By receipt of any prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim, cause of action, damages, losses liabilities and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees (collectively, “Costs”), including, but not limited to, those arising from personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property (“collectively, “Claims”), arising out of or related to the winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes
9. Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of an entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees), and under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.