Rock & roll is for all fans - and we're committed to making your museum experience accessible. Read below for services provided for all visitors.
For visitors with mobility disabilities:
- Elevators: An elevator serving floors 1-6 is located north of the main entrance on the lobby level (L1). (To access this, walk past the stage on the left-hand side, and it is located in the back corner.) The elevator serving the lower level (L0)—home to the main exhibit hall and bag check—is past and to the right of the stage.
- Wheelchair-accessible seating: Available in all theaters.
- Curbside drop-off: Curbside drop-off is available on Erieside Avenue in front of the Rock Hall's plaza.
- On-site wheelchairs and strollers: We have a supply of wheelchairs and strollers to borrow at no charge. Ask any of our crew members upon your arrival and they'll be able to assist.
- Renting motorized mobility scooters: Motorized mobility scooters are available to rent at the main lobby (L1) box office for $10/day with a photo ID on a first-come, first-served basis. (Pick-up and return is at bag check on the lower level (L0).) Unfortunately, we can't reserve these in advance.
- Accessible parking: There are several accessible metered parking spots located along East 9th street, north of Erieside Avenue. However, these tend to fill up fast. (Remember to bring change if you plan to park at the meters!) Other nearby parking locations are the Pier Lot, the 9th Street and Marginal Lot, as well as the Great Lakes Science Center's parking garage.
- Seating: The Rock Hall has plenty of benches scattered around the exhibit spaces so visitors can sit and enjoy the surroundings, or simply take a breather.
For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing:
Qualified Interpretation: Qualified American Sign Language interpreters are available. Please email [email protected] at least two weeks in advance to reserve.
For visitors with visual disabilities:
Brochures/Exhibit Labels/Text: Large-print exhibit materials and Braille guides are available at coat check on level 0.
For visitors with sensory sensitivities or challenges with sensory regulation:
Weighted Lap Pads and Sensory Bags (with fidget toys, noise-dampening headphones, communication cards and sunglasses) are available to borrow at coat check on level 0. For more information click here.
Service animals trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of a visitor with a disability are permitted at the Rock Hall, although they must remain under control at all times. Please check in with security or a visitor services representative upon arrival.
The Rock Hall has private restrooms for visitors with disabilities or patrons who need a private, quiet place to care for an infant or family member. Please find any visitor service representative, and they'll be happy to assist.
Foreign language brochures:
Foreign language brochures are available in Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Portuguese at the information desk located in the main lobby (L1).
Companion/personal care attendants:
The Rock Hall provides complimentary admission for one companion/personal care attendant per guest who requires it. Guests should indicate at box office that a personal care attendant is present, and complimentary admission for the personal care attendant will be provided.
The Rock Hall website has been designed with the needs of all rock fans in mind, including those with accessibility needs who may use assistive technologies to browse the internet.
We are committed to ensuring everyone can access our website. If you have any comments or suggestions about accessibility on rockhall.com, we’d love to hear them. Please e-mail us [email protected]
Cleveland, Ohio 44114