Celebration Day 2018
The official Kick off to Rock Week at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
Join us for a community celebration powered by PNC with free admission and filled with live music, family activities, new exhibits, educational programs, a Bon Jovi album listening, food trucks, and film screenings.
American rock icon, founding member of Bon Jovi, and 2018 Inductee Richie Sambora will be on hand, along with Australian guitar virtuoso Orianthi, for a not-to-be-missed headlining RSO performance on the PNC Rock Hall Live Main Stage. RSO will perform the last set of the night before the fireworks show kicks off.
Celebration Day Powered by PNC will be filled with live music, family activities, educational programs, a Bon Jovi album listening session, film screenings, and food from Michael Symon’s B-Spot.
about rso (richie sambora + orianthi)
Richie Sambora and Orianthi have both written chart-busting singles, toured the globe extensively, collaborated with superstar artists, and released three solo albums each (Sambora: 1991’s Stranger in This Town, 1998’s Undiscovered Soul, and 2012’s Aftermath of the Lowdown. Orianthi: 2007’s Violet Journey, 2009’s Believe, and 2013’s Heaven In This Hell). Their new, genre-spanning collaboration, RSO, introduced in 2017 with the Rise and Making History EPs, sees these two platinum-selling singer-songwriters and world-class guitarists coming together as a versatile duo, delivering top-notch musicianship, stadium-ready melodies, and uplifting lyrics that are meant to bring people together and make them feel good. The harmonious blend of Sambora and Orianthi’s voices and guitars are front and center and the undeniable chemistry that they have both onstage and off is on display. They self-describe their journey as both a real-life couple and creative partners as “a true Bonnie and Clyde rock and roll kind of story.” Most recently, RSO released dual tracks – a rendition of Sonny & Cher’s classic love song “I Got You Babe” and a brand new RSO original “Forever All The Way.” A full length RSO album is slated for release this Spring. For more on RSO, visit www.RSOOfficial.com.
be the first to experience our New hall of fame
Fans will be the first to see the new Hall of Fame on level 3, including our redesigned signatures honoring each Inductee, a new interactive Voice Your Choice where fans get let us know who they'd like to see on a future nomination ballot and get behind-the-scenes looks into past Induction footage and the new Inductee Jukeboxes.
rock And roll fireworks show
Firework show begins at 9 pm, official viewing location on the Rock Hall plaza
The day will conclude with a dance party on the plaza featuring a live DJ and a Rock and Roll Fireworks Show in sync with a 2018 Inductee-themed playlist. The fireworks show can be viewed from the Rock Hall plaza and various locations around town. A live audio simulcast of the fireworks show can be heard on 106.5 FM The Lake.
Thank you for your support
Powered by PNC Bank
Sponsored by Greater Cleveland Partnership, Downtown Cleveland Alliance, Medical Mutual and the George Gund Foundation.
On the Klipsch Main Stage
12 pm - 6 pm
Live performances from:
- Maddie Finn
- The Backbeats
- Diana Chittester
- Nina Simone tribute/ Mariama Whyte
On the Outdoor PNC Main Stage
12 pm – 8 pm
Live performances from:
- Thor Platter
- School of Rock: Inductee Tribute
- Montage (HSRO winner)
- Wesley Bright and the Honeytones
- RSO featuring 2018 Inductee Richie Sambora and Orianthi
From 9:30 pm – 11 pm we'll have a dance party hosted by DJ Red-I
in foster theater
10 am - 7 pm
- 10:15am - Film: Godmother of Rock and Roll
- A documentary film by Mick Csáky about the life, music and influence of the African-American gospel singer and guitar virtuoso Sister Rosetta Tharpe
- 11:30am - Album Spotlight –Bon Jovi, Slippery When Wet (1986)
- Join Rock Hall staff as you listen to this classic Bon Jovi album played in its entirety, learn about its history, and share your memories.
- 12:45pm - Cleveland is the City
- Explore the history of soul and rhythm and blues music in Cleveland, one of the cities that gave birth to rock and roll music.
- 2:00pm - Inductee Spotlight
- Dig into the history and hits of the 2018 Hall of Fame Inductees!
- 3:30pm – Film: What Happened Miss Simone?
- 2015 documentary using never-before-heard recordings, rare archival footage and her best-known songs, this is the story of legendary singer and activist Nina Simone. Film courtesy of Eagle Rock Entertainment.
- 5:30pm - Film: The Moody Blues: Live at the Isle of Wight, 1970
- Concert film featuring footage from The Moody Blues when they played the Isle of Wight Festival in 1970. Film courtesy of Eagle Rock Entertainment.
Stories of Rock - Stop by a Stories of Rock presentation held by our Rock Hall experts. Learn about your favorite sounds and artists in our exhibits, or even compete to win a prize during one of our pop up game shows.
- Family Zone crafts with Upcycle Parts Shop and design your own album cover
- Meet the Instruments
- Musical Instrument Drive – Hungry for Music - bring your gently used musical instruments and donate to the Hungry for Music organization that refurbishes and delivers instruments to children in music programs across the country
- Splice Cream truck audio recordings – record your favorite music memories
- Children's face painting and Dr. Awesome Bubble show
- Parade the Circle Puppets visit the plaza
SECURITY GUIDELINES FOR ROCK WEEK 2018
During ROCK WEEK (April 7 – April 15) the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has updated security guidelines for guests to ensure the best possible Museum experience, including metal detectors and bag checks upon entry.
All bags, purses, backpacks, suitcases, or any other container will be checked. Prohibited items at the Rock Hall include, but are not limited to:
• fire arms and ammunition
• pocket knives (longer than 2 inches)
• flammables/combustibles (i.e., gun powder, liquid fuels)
• coolers (unless they contain medical supplies)
• lawn chairs
• Any item that can’t be inspected