THE 2014 FORTUNE BATTLE OF THE BANDS WILL BE LIVE STREAMED ON ROCKHALL.COM AND THE ROCK HALL'S FACEBOOK PAGE STARTING AT 7PM ON SEPTEMBER 6.
The nation’s top eight company employee bands are set to face off in a live competition at the 14th FORTUNE Battle of the Corporate Bands on Sept. 6, 2014. Event proceeds will benefit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum’s educational activities.
FORTUNE Battle of the Corporate Bands is presented through a partnership with FORTUNE magazine and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, and is sponsored by the NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants), Gibson Brands, Gig Salad and Fender Premium Audio. The regional finals were held in Los Angeles, Nashville and Boston.
The 2014 FORTUNE Battle of the Corporate Bands finalists include:
• “The Toys,” Mattel- El Segundo, CA
• “Kings Of The Phone Age,” Level 3 Communications - Broomfield, CO
• “Cleyson Brown Unlimited,” Sprint - Overland Parks, KS
• “DaVita Blues All Stars,” DaVita - Brentwood, TN
• “Peripheral Vision,” Olympus – Center Valley, Pennsylvania
• “Gwen & The Boys,” Pep Boys – Philadelphia, PA
• “Toy Box,” HelloWorld – Pleasant Ridge, Michigan
• “Toys 2 Men,” Hasbro – Pawtucket, Rhode Island
The Judges for this year’s competition are:
• Jeff Carlisi – Founding member of .38 Special
• Ricky Byrd – Former member of Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
• Liberty Devitto – Former drummer for Billy Joel
• Rob Arthur – Keyboards with Peter Frampton
• Antoinette Follet – Editor of Making Music Magazine
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum’s education activities reach nearly half a million people each year. Rock and Roll is an art form that merits serious study. The museum hosts a variety of events including year-round concerts and the Hall of Fame series featuring evenings with Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees. In addition, there are award-winning education programs for everyone from toddlers to college students, to teachers and adults.
About the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum:
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Inc. is the nonprofit organization that exists to educate visitors, fans and scholars from around the world about the history and continuing significance of rock and roll music. It carries out this mission through its operation of a world-class museum that collects, preserves, exhibits and interprets this art form and through its library and archives as well as its educational activities.
FORTUNE is a global leader in business journalism with a worldwide circulation of more than one million and a readership of nearly five million, with major franchises including the FORTUNE 500 and the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For. FORTUNE Live Media extends the brand's mission into live settings, hosting a wide range of annual conferences, including the FORTUNE Global Forum.