Rock on TV
About the Exhibit
Rock and TV shaped each other as they grew up together, and they shaped all of us. Not only did fans everywhere hear new music, they could see who made it. It transformed how people discovered music and still does. This exhibit explores how television opened the door for some of the biggest icons, and how they, in turn, transformed television itself.
- Museum of Broadcast Communications, 10/18 /2019 – 4/2/2020; Chicago, Illinois
- Virginia Museum of History & Culture, 5/23/2020 – 1/3/2021; Richmond, Virginia
- Over 100 artifacts including the Animals drumkit from their Ed Sullivan Show performance, Andre 3000 outfit from the "Hey Ya" video, Jackson 5 outfits from their first national TV appearance and many more.
- Video interviews featuring Kelly Clarkson, Mickey Dolenz, Kevin Eubanks, Cyndi Lauper, Darlene Love, Martha Quinn and Paul Shaffer
- Text panels, labels, case work, exhibition graphics and all audio visual components
- 4,500 square feet of secure, climate-controlled space
1100 Rock and Roll Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44114