High School Rock Off
The 2018 Tri-C High School Rock Off returns to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame January & February 2018!
The Road to the Rock Hall begins with the Rock Off so…Start doing your homework... it's time to rock enroll! Entries are now being accepted for the 22nd Annual Tri-C® High School Rock Off.
All types of performers are welcome to enter…Rock, solo acoustic, Hip Hop, Country, Jazz, Rap, Pop, Funk, Metal… you name it, we want you! The 2018 Tri-C High School Rock Off is open to natural persons who are legal residents of the United States who are enrolled in grade 12 or below at the time of performance. At least 50% of band members must be in grades 9 through 12 at the time of performance.
How To Enter:
Via the internet, complete the entry form found at www.rockhall.com/rockoff and submit it along with a sixty dollar ($60) registration fee beginning Friday, August 18, 2017 through December 8, 2017. Said registration fee must be provided in a check or money order (no cash) made payable to Live Nation Marketing, Inc. to the address below, and submit a two (2) song demo of your band's music via internet at www.soundcloud.com/high-school-rock-off, or via mail, or in person in compact disc format. Your band name must be written on the check or money order. Registration fee will be refunded if your band is not selected to perform. All submission materials, except materials that may be submitted via internet, must be sent to or dropped off as follows:
MAIL entries to:
Attn Frank Imhoff
44 N Main Street
Chagrin Falls, OH 44022
DROP OFF entries to:
Attn Frank Imhoff
10 Bell Street
Chagrin Falls, OH 44022
If you are not accepted to perform, Live Nation will provide a full refund of registration fee.
Entry Deadline: Friday, December 8, 2017.
Art Contest Deadline: TBD
Round One Judging Period:
Begins at 6:00 PM ET on Friday, December 8, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on December 15, 2017. Forty-Eight (48) bands will be selected to advance to the Round Two Judging Period.
Round Two Judging Period:
- Saturday, January 20, 2018
- Saturday, January 27, 2018
- Saturday, February 3, 2018
- Saturday, February 10, 2018
Dates are subject to change.
Final Judging Round:
Begins on the time and date as indicated on the competition details and band schedule located at the websites indicated in the above paragraph. One (1) Band from among the twelve (12) Finalists will be selected as the Grand Prize winning Band. Final Round event date is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, February 17, 2018, date is subject to change, visit www.rockhall.com/rockoff for most current schedule.
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
1100 East 9th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Tickets are $10.00 for each round and $10.00 for the Final Exam and include admission into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame exhibits during each performance night. Tickets can be purchased through participating Rock Off bands. There are no service charges on tickets purchased through the bands. A limited number of tickets will be available through the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame box office and on line at www.rockhall.com. If supplies last, tickets will be available at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame box office on Rock Off performance days.
For more information, please contact Frank Imhoff at Live Nation at (216) 912-4927 or FrankImh[email protected]
DEADLINE & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Friday, December 1, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
- Submissions that do not adhere to guidelines will be disqualified.
- Entrants must be in grades 9 thru 12 to enter (Class of 2018-2021).
- Entrants may submit artwork for more than one category, but each submission must adhere to the guidelines for that specific category.
- Reminder to indicate the artist name on the back of hand drawn/painted artwork or in the name of a digital submission.
- The winner in each of the three categories (CD cover, poster, shirt ) will receive a $100.00 check and be recognized on the Rock Hall stage at the 22nd Annual Tri-C High School Rock Off Final Exam on Saturday, February 17, 2018. Winning art entries will be featured on official Rock Off merchandise and the official Rock Off website at www.rockhall.com/rockoff.
Thank you to our 2018 sponsors: