Know Before You Go
Before your visit, get caught up with everything going on inside and outside the museum.
ROCK HALL IS NOW OPEN
Following the recommended guidelines of Ohio Governor DeWine, the CDC, public health officials, and infectious disease experts, we are open daily with the following health and safety precautions in place:
- Advance online ticket purchase required at tickets.rockhall.com
- Limited capacity with timed ticketing
- Daily continuous cleaning
- Temperature check and quick health screen prior to entry
- Hands-free doors upon entry
- Masks required of visiting fans and staff
- Space for safe social distancing
- One-way path through exhibits and store
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the building
- Plexiglass shields at check out
- Credit card and mobile payment only
- Theaters closed and interactives turned off
PARKING ADVISORY APRIL 22ND- MAY 10TH
Due to the 2021 NFL Draft taking place nearby at the North Coast Harbor, from 4/22-5/10 parking will be limited and rates may be inflated in our nearby lots. We recommend parking in other downtown lots, reserving your parking spot in advance or taking public transportation.
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is open daily 11am-5pm and 10am-6pm or later on many Saturdays.
Extended hours on select weekends! Click here for a list of all special hours.
Advance tickets are required to ensure timed entry and safely limit capacity.
All museum tickets will be available online only. Fans can choose available time slots for entry while purchasing tickets online. There is limited capacity per each available time slot to better spread out visitors during their trip inside the museum. Please arrive as close to your entry time as possible. If you arrive before your entry time or more than an hour after your entry time, you will still be admitted but may experience a short wait. If your tickets require ID verification at the door please have that ID ready when you check-in. These times should best reflect your intended arrival time. They do not correspond to a specific timed tour, as the Rock Hall is a self-guided experience. Once in the museum, you are permitted to tour until we close.
What to Expect When You Arrive
When arriving at the museum, all fans will enter from the front plaza at a singular entry point.
- Prior to entry, nurse trainees will conduct a non-invasive health screen for all visitors by taking temperatures using touch-free thermometers and asking a brief series of questions
- Anyone who has a confirmed temperature over 100.4°F or is displaying any symptom of COVID-19 (including fever, sore throat, runny nose, cough or difficulty breathing) or who has been in contact with anyone who is under observation or self-quarantining will not be permitted entry (any pre-purchased admission tickets will be honored at a later date)
All visitors and staff are required to wear a mask that covers the nose and chin (mesh face coverings are not permitted) at all times while at the museum, both inside and on the outdoor plaza. Those who arrive without a mask will be given a complimentary one-time use surgical mask. Rock & Roll Hall of Fame designed masks will be available for sale in the museum store. Visitors (alone or with their group) may remove their masks to eat, drink, or take a break once seated at a table in the café or outside on the plaza as long as they remain socially distant.
Visitors and staff that do not comply with the mask requirement will be asked to leave.
Cleanliness and Safety Updates to the Museum
We're following all health and safety protocols outlined by the State of Ohio and are committed to fulfilling our mission to engage, teach, and inspire through the power of rock & roll while providing a world-class experience for fans. We utilize cleaning products and protocols that meet EPA and artifact care guidelines and are effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and fluid pathogens. The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces.
Your Museum Experience
Due to to the ever-evolving nature of Rock & Roll and our exhibits, some galleries are currently being updated and are publicly inaccessible. For a full list of all of our available exhibits, check out our online exhibit guide.
All interactive experiences (including The Garage), Forest City RMS Theater, Foster Theater, and Level 6 are temporarily closed to guests. As we monitor reopening progress we will make updates about theaters, exhibits, and experiences here and on our online exhibit guide. You can explore the museum level-by-level for a comprehensive look at what you'll experience during your visit, from the Roots of Rock to our Hall of Fame and even today's popular artists in Right Here, Right Now.
Updated Visitor Services and Accessibility Information
We've modified some of our offerings for the health and safety of our visitors. If you are looking for additional information regarding accessibility needs for your group, please visit our Accessibility page for more details. Changes to protocol include:
- Complimentary coat and bag check is temporarily not available, please do not bring any luggage or items not allowed inside exhibits to the museum
- Sensory kits will are temporarily not available; if a visitor needs some relief please ask a staff member as there are designated quiet spaces in the museum
- All water fountains are turned off. Fans can bring in their own bottled water or purchase onsite
- All interactive experiences (including The Garage), Forest City RMS Theater, Foster Theater, and Level 6 are temporarily closed to guests.
- All shared headphones and touch screens are turned off and instead display messages encouraging social distancing, hygienic tips and wayfinding
- Visitors will follow a single direction path from Level 0 to Level 5, including escalators, elevators and stairs
- Prohibited items at the Rock Hall include, but are not limited to:
Firearms and ammunition
Pocket knives (longer than 2 inches)
Flammables/combustibles (i.e., gun powder, liquid fuels)
Coolers (unless they contain medical supplies)
Any item that can’t be inspected
Museum Store and Cafe Updates
The museum store is currently open to visitors and those without a ticket on level 1. Shoppers will follow a single traffic pattern to facilitate proper social distancing while in the store. Checkout lines are marked on the floor to ensure social distancing while checking out. We will only accept credit card or digital pay options for purchases; we cannot accept cash at this time. Cashiers will wear masks and work behind plexiglass stations at each register.
You can always shop online at rockhallstore.com
The All Access Cafe will be open for visitors offering freshly prepared and grab and go options. We've modified the dining experience for fans and have the following updates:
- Café seating has been reduced in accordance with Ohio restaurant standards
- Plaza seating has been reconfigured in accordance with Ohio restaurant standards
- Fountain drinks have been replaced by 20oz bottled Pepsi products only
- Orders are served with pre-packaged condiments
- Prepackaged, disposable flatware is available for use
- All cafe staff is required to wear masks
- Guests can remove their masks to eat/drink once seated at a table with their affinity group
- Staff follows all enhanced cleaning protocols including deep cleaning of café trays
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s Health & Safety Standards Plan guides our reopening with an emphasis on ensuring the health and safety of our staff, visitors and community. This plan, based on CDC, OSHA, and JobsOhio Responsible Restart Ohio guidelines, was created by a staff task force in consultation with peer museums and attractions and has been reviewed by a University Hospital infectious disease specialist.
Cleveland, Ohio 44114