Know Before You Go
Before your visit, get caught up with everything going on inside and outside the museum.
Following the recommended guidelines of the CDC, public health officials, and our infectious disease consultant, we are open daily with the following health and safety precautions in place:
- Advance online ticket purchase is required
- Timed ticketing with limited capacity
- Effective Tuesday, 8/17 masks will be required for all staff and visitors. Complementary masks are available.
- Daily continuous cleaning
- Hands-free doors upon entry
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the building
- Plexiglass shields at check out
- Credit card and mobile payment only
- NOTE: The Rock Hall is located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. To view the current level of COVID-19 transmission, visit the CDC county tracker here.
In addition, the Foster Theater is temporarily closed to guests.
We're following all health and safety protocols outlined by the State of Ohio and are committed to fulfilling our mission to engage, teach, and inspire through the power of rock & roll while providing a world-class experience for fans.
We utilize cleaning products and protocols that meet EPA and artifact care guidelines and are effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and fluid pathogens. The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces.
By entering the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, all visitors confirm they have NOT:
- Experienced symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours
- Been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed over the last 48 hours with COVID-19
- Been contacted by a public health authority within the last 14 days, due to having been in contact with an individual infected with COVID-19
- Been directed to quarantine by a physician or public health authority
- Tested positive for, or been diagnosed with, COVID-19 within the last 10 days and / or not received clearance from a physician to discontinue isolation
If you or anyone in your party respond YES to any of these, email [email protected] and our guest services team will exchange your tickets for another date or a refund will be offered.
The museum store is currently open to visitors and those without a ticket on level 1. We will only accept credit card or digital pay options for purchases; we cannot accept cash at this time. Cashiers will wear masks and work behind plexiglass stations at each register.
You can always shop online at rockhallstore.com
The All Access Cafe will be open for visitors offering freshly prepared and grab and go options. We've modified the dining experience for fans and have the following updates:
- Outdoor seating available (weather permitting)
- Fountain drinks have been replaced by 20oz bottled Pepsi products only
- Orders are served with pre-packaged condiments
- Prepackaged, disposable flatware is available for use
- All cafe staff are required to wear masks
- Staff follows all enhanced cleaning protocols including deep cleaning of café trays
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s Health & Safety Standards Plan guides our reopening with an emphasis on ensuring the health and safety of our staff, visitors and community. This plan, based on CDC, OSHA, and JobsOhio Responsible Restart Ohio guidelines, was created by a staff task force in consultation with peer museums and attractions and has been reviewed by a University Hospital infectious disease specialist.
We've modified some of our offerings for the health and safety of our visitors. If you are looking for additional information regarding accessibility needs for your group, please visit our Accessibility page for more details. Changes to protocol include:
- Complimentary coat and bag check is temporarily not available, please do not bring any luggage or items not allowed inside exhibits to the museum
- Sensory kits will are temporarily not available; if a visitor needs some relief please ask a staff member as there are designated quiet spaces in the museum
- All water fountains are turned off. Fans can bring in their own bottled water or purchase onsite
- Prohibited items at the Rock Hall include, but are not limited to:
Firearms and ammunition
Pocket knives (longer than 2 inches)
Flammables/combustibles (i.e., gun powder, liquid fuels)
Coolers (unless they contain medical supplies)
Any item that can’t be inspected
1100 Rock and Roll Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44114