Rockin' the Schools
- 2017-2018 Rockin' the Schools classes will start in October. Booking is open as of September 5.
- Our staff of highly trained educators teach one-hour, interactive classes.
- Classes are offered Tuesday through Friday at 10:00 am and 11:30 am throughout the academic year (October to early June).
- The program is FREE for schools within zip codes that begin with 440, 441, 442, or 443.
- Free busing for Cleveland Metropolitan School District schools. Restrictions apply. (See below for more information.) No longer available for 2017–2018 school year.
- Regional groups can participate in Rockin’ the Schools for a discounted rate.
- Teachers can expand learning before and after their visit with our online learning resources.
- Students can continue learning in the museum after the class by self-touring related exhibits.
Costs: The costs for local students (in zip codes beginning with 440, 441, 442, or 443) to participate in a Rockin' the Schools educational program and to tour the museum are funded by the generous contributions of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame's donors and members. For schools outside of those zip codes, please contact our Group Sales department for information on rates and registration.
Transportation: costs are covered for Cleveland Metropolitan School District groups only. The Museum is able to provde a transportation stipend of up to $195 for each busload of CMSD students. Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Teachers must schedule their own transportation using the CMSD yellow school buses. When completing the field trip request form located in your school office, indicate "Bill to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum" on the form.
Attention CMSD teachers: Due to an outstandingly high demand for programming this school year from Cleveland Metropolitan Schools, we have exhausted our alloted funds for covering CMSD busing costs during the 2017–2018 school year. Please understand that if you have the means to cover transportation, you are still welcome to participate in a program at the Rock Hall. However, at this time, we are unable to guarantee coverage of your busing costs.