2018 Rock Hall Live!
summer in the city - 5 weeks of women who rock
Showcasing exceptional female talent onstage - from punk to alternative and country and every sound in between. These are the acts that should be on your radar and in your playlists. For five weeks starting July 25 through August 22, head to the Rock Hall plaza on Wednesday nights from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. to see the female rock bands you need to hear right now.
free concert schedule
Week 1 - Wednesday, July 25 - Fresh Produce with DJ Red-I
Week 2 - Wednesday, August 1 - Bully with Punch Drunk Tagalongs
Week 3 - Wednesday, August 8 - Screaming Females with Forager
Week 4 - Wednesday, August 15 - A Giant Dog with Sister Smirk
Week 5 - Wednesday, August 22 - Sarah Shook & the Disarmers with The Whiskey Hollow
COMMUNITY EVENTS & FAMILY FUN
Bring your friends or the entire family down for plaza events throughout the summer. A few of the free events include:
- June 2: Hungry for Music – music instrument drive that benefits local kids with live music performances on the plaza
- June 30: Philly School of Rock All Stars - The School of Rock All Stars are on tour this summer and some of the best young musicians from Philadelphia will perform at the Rock Hall.
- July 14: Rock & Recovery with Inductee Ricky Byrd - Inductee and former Joan Jett & The Blackhearts guitarist Ricky Byrd, along with other artists, talk rock and roll and their recovery during a free performance on the plaza. Recovery Resources will be onsite with interactives and education material.
- July 17: Taylgate with The Accidentals - Live music with eclectic, multi-genre band The Accidentals. Enjoy trivia, food and drinks before the Taylor Swift concert at First Energy Stadium.
- July 28: Fam Jam - Free day of family fun and live music. Crafts, activities, Children’s Museum of Cleveland and Dr. Awesome bubble show on the plaza, with a performance by yacht rock band, Yatchly Crue.
- August 2: Chicago School of Rock All Stars - The School of Rock All Stars are on tour this summer and some of the best young musicians from Chicago will perform at the Rock Hall
- August 4: Drummer Spotlight with Frank Zummo - Come see Frank Zummo perform music from his bands (Sum 41, Krewella), play drum solos and answer audience questions. Additional live music to follow.
- August 29: Michael Jackson Anniversary Birthday Bash - Celebrating the artist’s legacy with trivia contests, dance party, album spotlights Stories of Rock.
- August 31: Believe in CLE Yoga - Free annual yoga party that includes a 60-minute Vinyasa yoga practice, followed by a DJ and happy hour in the beer garden.
Check out our full Onstage calendar for complete event listings and daily performances from our Lunch by the Lake or Sun Sets, both a free part of Rock Hall Live! Powered by PNC.
free on the plaza
Whether you're looking for a mid-day break or a way to kick off your weekend, check out the free live music offered during our two summer Rock Hall Live! programs, Lunch by the Lake and Sun Sets. Individual daily details found on our Onstage calendar.
Rock Hall Live! Lunch by the Lake on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from noon to 2 p.m. in June, July and August.
Rock Hall Live! Sun Sets, offered on Thursdays and Fridays from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. ET in July and August, features live music, trivia and craft beers from Great Lakes Brewing Company, Fat Head’s Brewery and Magic Hat Brewing Company.
Planning your trip to the Rock Hall? We've got many pop-up programs, instrument demonstrations, trivia shows and musicians on our plaza all summer long. All demonstrations inside the Rock Hall are free with admission. Stop by our Onstage calendar to see your individual day lineups.
Stories of rock
A new twist on rock's history - stop by a Stories of Rock presentation, held by our Rock Hall experts. Learn about your favorite sounds and artists in our exhibits, or even compete to win a prize during one of our pop up game shows. Subjects revolve around Inductee, exhibits and anniversaries!