Zombies Dedication Event
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame will spotlight the influential career and music of iconic British Invasion group the Zombies in a new display.
Surviving members of the original lineup, Hugh Grundy, Chris White, Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent, will dedicate the display on Wednesday, July 12 at 5:00 p.m.
inside the case
Among the items included in the display are:
- Items from the group’s first major hit “She’s Not There,” including Rod Argent’s Hohner electric pianet and sheet music
- Chris White’s bass guitar
- Paul Atkinson’s acoustic guitar used on the recording of “Tell Her No”
- Hugh Grundy’s Ludwig snare drum used on all of the Zombies’ 1960s recordings
- The artwork for the band’s critically acclaimed Odessey and Oracle album by Terry Quirk
- And more
In this exhibit, fans and visitors will discover how the band handled their success and enthusiastic fans, how ZZ Top’s Frank Beard and Dusty Hill capitalized on the Zombies’ popularity, and their continued influence on popular music with artists like Dave Grohl, Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys, the Shins and more.
take a guess
Think you know your British rock and roll history? Stop by our Rock Hall trivia show and prove it! The Zombies will serve as special guest participants of this trivia show, which will include behind-the-scenes highlights of the new exhibit. This show runs from 6pm-6:15pm and is open to the public with paid admission and free to Rock Hall members. Prizes will be awarded to winners.