Discover free online educational materials and how you can connect with our engaging educational programs available digitally or at the museum.
Explore Free Online Learning Resources with Rock Hall EDU
Teachers and parents, whether students are in the classroom or learning from home, Rock Hall EDU is full of resources and activities that use the power of rock & roll to engage students of all ages. Sign up for free and begin using our expertly designed content as supplements to existing lesson plans, inspiration for new learning units, or as extension activities keeping students rocking and learning at home.
What you'll find on Rock Hall EDU
- Professionally developed lesson plans
- Activities and downloadable activity sheets
- Digitized primary source materials from our Library & Archives
Our resources are developed and curated by our award-winning Education team and meet national and state learning standards in a variety of subject areas, including music, social studies, STEAM, English and more.
- Limited on-site education program offerings
- Program capacity is 100 students at most and up to 20 adults
- “We Shall Overcome:” Rock’s Role in Social Justice Movements (grades 5th-12th)
Dates Available: 4/29/22, 5/13/22, and 5/20/22
- From The Bronx to The Hall: Hip-hop Culture’s Birth and Evolution (grades 6th-12th)
Dates Available: 4/28/22, 5/6/22, 5/19/22, and 5/27/22
- Play It Loud!: The Musical Instruments of Rock & Roll (grades K-6th)
Dates Available: 5/5/22, 5/12/22, and 5/26/22
"It's Been Said All Along" Module
In every generation, Black rock & roll artists have elevated the conversation about social justice. Use this collection to bring the spirit of the physical or virtual exhibit to your students with poster activities, Aretha Franklin RESPECT lesson plans, music and activism in the 21st century playlists, and more.
Super Bowl Halftime Show Module
Teachers: The NFL's Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show has been one of the most-watched televised events of the year for decades. The shows often have specific themes that convey messages while also celebrating an artist or band's career. Check out this collection on Rock Hall EDU that provides teachers and parents with the resources they need to help their students create, design, and organize a Super Bowl Halftime Show of their own.
1100 Rock and Roll Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44114