Free Online Learning
Discover free online educational materials and how you can connect with our engaging educational programs available digitally or at the museum, powered by PNC Bank.
Explore Free Online Learning Resources with Rock Hall EDU
Teachers and parents, whether students are in the classroom or learning from home, Rock Hall EDU is full of resources and activities that use the power of rock & roll to engage students of all ages. Sign up for free and begin using our expertly designed content as supplements to existing lesson plans, inspiration for new learning units, or as extension activities keeping students rocking and learning at home.
What you'll find on Rock Hall EDU
- Professionally developed lesson plans
- Activities and downloadable activity sheets
- Digitized primary source materials from our Library & Archives
Our resources are developed and curated by our award-winning Education team and meet national and state learning standards in a variety of subject areas, including music, social studies, STEAM, English and more.
"It's Been Said All Along" Module
In every generation, Black rock & roll artists have elevated the conversation about social justice. Use this collection to bring the spirit of the physical or virtual exhibit to your students with poster activities, Aretha Franklin RESPECT lesson plans, music and activism in the 21st century playlists, and more.
Super Bowl Halftime Show Module
Teachers: The NFL's Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show has been one of the most-watched televised events of the year for decades. The shows often have specific themes that convey messages while also celebrating an artist or band's career. Check out this collection on Rock Hall EDU that provides teachers and parents with the resources they need to help their students create, design, and organize a Super Bowl Halftime Show of their own.
ROCKIN' THE SCHOOLS
Rockin' the Schools at the Museum
Due to COVID-19-related restrictions, the Rock Hall is pausing its well-respected Toddler Rock and Rockin’ The Schools programming in person, and providing parents and teachers with many of the programs’ resources, such as Rock N’ Learn worksheets and activities, at Rock Hall EDU.
Rock Hall EDU posts new content regularly and encourages parents and teachers to submit requests and feedback to [email protected].
About Rockin' the Schools
Due to COVID-19-related restrictions, the Rock Hall has paused its well-respected in-person programming, Rockin' the Schools.
Rockin’ the Schools programs are on-site, interdisciplinary classes on the history of rock & roll that meet academic content standards. Classes draw on the power of rock & roll to get students excited about academic content areas from fine arts, language arts, and social studies to mathematics, science, and technology.
- Our staff of highly trained educators teach one-hour, interactive classes.
- The program is FREE for schools within zip codes that begin with 440, 441, 442, or 443. For schools outside of those zip codes, please contact us for information on rates and registration.
- Students can continue learning in the museum after the class by self-touring related exhibits.
- Free busing for Cleveland Metropolitan School District schools (restrictions apply).
- The Haslam Scholars program provides free admission and classroom instruction to CMSD students and extends these benefits to Title 1 schools statewide. Through this program more students will have the chance to benefit from our Rockin’ the Schools programs and experience the power of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
- PNC Bank is a supporter and partner of Rockin' the Schools
Cleveland, Ohio 44114