Free Online Learning
Discover free online educational materials and how you can connect with our engaging educational programs available digitally or at the museum.
Explore Free Online Learning Resources with Rock Hall EDU
Teachers and parents, we're here to help you engage with students as schools move to at home, online instruction. Rock Hall EDU, our free digital learning platform, is full of resources and activities that use the power of rock & roll to engage students of all ages.
What you'll find on Rock Hall EDU:
- Professionally developed lesson plans
- Activities and downloadable activity sheets
- Digitized primary source materials from our Library & Archives
Our resources are developed and curated by our award-winning Education team and meet national and state learning standards in a variety of subject areas, including music, social studies, STEAM, English and more.
Spotlight Collection: The Beatles
Introduce students to the Fab Four - one of the most influential bands in rock's history. Inside the collection you can view a presentation on the Beatles and their music, sift through newspaper clippings and photographs of the Beatles at press conferences and concerts, download a writing prompt for younger students or encourage older students to learn about John Lennon's life from an original essay written by Parke Puterbaugh of Rolling Stone.
How to Create an Account
- Click to visit the Rock Hall EDU home page
- Click "Sign Up" in the upper right corner of the screen
- Enter your account information for registration. NOTE: if you are a parent and not a teacher, please enter your child's school information related to grade level, subjects learning and school type. For teacher type, select "home school."
- Check your email for a message from Rock Hall EDU and click the link in the email to activate your account.
- Enjoy and explore the Rock Hall EDU free resources, lessons and more
How to Explore Rock Hall EDU
All materials are searchable by subject, grade (Kindergarten through College), decade (1950s through today), or media type. Use the lefthand search bar to find new activities you can incorporate into lessons.
Update: As part of an international effort to help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made the decision to temporarily close our Museum to the public. We are not hosting Rockin' the Schools onsite programs from 3/14 - 3/27. We will continue to post updates here as they become available.
Rockin' the Schools
Rockin’ the Schools programs are on-site, interdisciplinary classes on the history of rock & roll that meet academic content standards. Classes draw on the power of rock & roll to get students excited about academic content areas from fine arts, language arts, and social studies to mathematics, science, and technology.
- Our staff of highly trained educators teach one-hour, interactive classes.
- The program is FREE for schools within zip codes that begin with 440, 441, 442, or 443. For schools outside of those zip codes, please for information on rates and registration.
- Students can continue learning in the museum after the class by self-touring related exhibits.
- Free busing for Cleveland Metropolitan School District schools (restrictions apply).
The Haslam Scholars program provides free admission and classroom instruction to CMSD students and extends these benefits to Title 1 schools statewide. Through this program more students will have the chance to benefit from our Rockin’ the Schools programs and experience the power of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
PNC Bank is a supporter and partner of Rockin' the Schools
Cleveland, Ohio 44114