Artists in Residence Application
Applications for 2024 Artists in Residence are now open!
Through an application process we will select two Artists in Residence who will have the opportunity to advance as songwriters, improve their stage presence, learn about the music industry, and gain valuable hands-on marketing experience. Artists in Residence will receive a paid stipend. This is your chance to perform for audiences of all ages in a safe, positive space, write new songs, try new material, learn the skills necessary to advance in the music industry and improve your knowledge of the history of rock and roll.
- Prepare a cover letter that explains your journey as a musician, what you will bring to this opportunity, and what you are looking to learn as part of this experience
- Provide files or links to samples of your original music
- Apply online
About the Program
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is seeking experienced emerging NEO musicians to join our team this summer as Artists in Residence. This emerging artist program presented by the Kulas Foundation will allow songwriters to advance their careers by working with Hall of Fame professional staff and external partners and by regularly performing live sets on the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s popular outdoor Local Artists Stage.
Thanks to the Kulas Foundation the Rock Hall is excited to enhance the inclusion and promotion of local musicians and deepen their involvement with the Cleveland community. The program has the power to shape artists, inspire new musical passions and grow the influence of contemporary music in Northeast Ohio.
As part of the residency, artists will:
- Work with the Rock Hall team to create a road map for their music career development, and a plan to achieve their goals during the program
- Learn from mentors in the field about performing, songwriting, audio production, contracts, performing rights organizations, and booking gigs in order to advance as artists, and then take actionable steps in these various areas
- Play weekly sets on the RRHOFM over the course of the summer
- Work with our dynamic and creative Marketing team to develop and elevate the musician’s social media, receive media training and learn other marketing techniques
- Gain experience marketing themselves and a venue from digital/social to hands on grassroots direct marketing and points between.
- Learn performance stage setup and gain hands on audio experience so they can confidently work with sound professionals in venues and studios
- Work with artists to build on specific music skills, such as instrument proficiency or songwriting
- Record tracks and a music video onsite in the Hall of Fame
- Learn to augment solo performance with musicians that sit in and/or electronic enhancements.
- Commit to providing 20-30 hours each week to the program either virtually or onsite for a minimum of 10 weeks
- Present on the internship experience, including a live performance of music created during the program
- Collaborate with the other Artists in Residence for an end of summer showcase concert.
Who Do You Think You Are
Who Do You Think You Are
- Active musician producing original music that is commercially available
- Proven experience performing full solo sets of primarily original music to a live audience in a night club, festival stage, or related venue
- Proven songwriting experience
- Experience moving from demo to finished tracks
- Have graduated High School and are in the midst of pursuing your musical career, and/or in a related college level academic program
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Prepare a cover letter that explains your journey as a musician, and what you will bring to this opportunity
- Provide files or links to your original music
- Discounts on Rock Hall merchandise
- Paid parking
- Additional training and professional development opportunities as part of the Rock Hall’s Summer Internship Program
1100 Rock and Roll Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44114